Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Patriarchs

     I was never really interested in history when I was in school. Why would I care about what other people did such a long time ago?  What could this possibly have to do with my life anyway!  Oh my goodness was I ever wrong. I would give any thing if I had payed attention to people, to their culture,  and what was going on in the government and asked question like what made them make the choices that they did.

     In our study of the Patriarchs  tonight we got the chance to travel back in time and walk through some of the most foundational truths about God's plan for his chosen people. We will be learning that there is but one God who has many names, such as Elyhoim, Universal creator  or LORD, which in Hebrew is YHWH ( yes this is correct, no vowels) meaning covenant keeper. Learning what the names of God mean will help us better understand how vast his promises are and by the honor of his own name he bring them to his people.

     This will be an exciting and ancient journey that is timless, a history lesson that will teach us where our Spiritual heritage began. I hope you come along for the ride, I will keep our travels  posted.


Tinna

No comments: